Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mortgage in my future

I desided to see what I can get for a mortgage loan. Going around begging for a loan is not something I wanted to do or had time for, so I thought, "How can I do this?". After searching around on Google for mortgages after bankruptcy I stubbled upon LandingTree. They let the mortgage companies compete, so I don't have to beg. I put my info on the table and let them beg me to choose them. Sound like something I was looking for.

I signed up and filled in all my info, stated my situation and submitted it. By the end of the day I had three mortgage companies contact me and one really took on my case. He ran my info through their programs and worked hard to get me an exception on my bankruptcy. A couple of days later he called me with good news and bad news.

The good news is that he was able to get me an exception because my previous credit status was good and this was just this one situation in which I was unable to avoid bankruptcy.

The bad news is that they decided to give me a full year after the bankruptcy discharge before giving me a mortgage loan.

So next May I'll be getting a mortgage loan! This is awesome!

No comments: